Mapping the way from IT to the business
To understand the relationship between IT and the business, organizations must have an accurate, up-to-date picture of each application and its supporting infrastructure – including web servers, application servers, databases, mainframes, and more. Without a business service map, making any change to the data center can lead to service delays and outages. Yet despite the risks, many organizations do not have a service map, simply because there is never enough time for the tedious, manual process of keeping it up to date.
IlluminIT™: Automatic Business Service Mapping
The IlluminIT Business Service Mapping platform eliminates the bottlenecks with automatic application mapping. Without manual coding, IlluminIT discovers the business services in an application and links them to the IT infrastructure. It crawls through the application, similar to a user, and intelligently identifies each of the business services that it offers. IlluminIT then identifies the supporting infrastructure and creates an intuitive, interactive map that can be used by all of the stakeholders in the organization. IlluminIT supports all major platforms including web, client-server and legacy mainframe.
Effective Change Management
A business service map is only useful when it is up to date. With state-of-the art detection and analysis technology, IlluminIT identifies changes to both the application and the infrastructure and keeps the map current. IlluminIT also features built-in change impact simulation and change audit tools to enable an instant assessment of the impact of IT on critical business services.
Making BSM Successful
The IlluminIT Business Service Mapping platform is the cornerstone of a successful BSM initiative. It works seamlessly with standard BSM, CMDB and CMS systems. It automatically populates configuration databases with the missing business service layer, saving weeks of painstaking manual work – and keeps the information up to date.
- Automatic business service discovery: Intelligently crawls the application and discovers each of the business services.
- Automatic application infrastructure mapping: Discovery of the IT infrastructure that supports a business application.
- Graphical, interactive business service map: An intuitive view of all of the business services from the end user into the data center and the cloud.
- Automatic scheduled updates: Periodically scans the map to detect changes and perform automatic updates, with a very small footprint and little impact on the production environment.
- Management dashboard: Provides a high-level view of all business services per application and a status assessment of the discovery process.
- Change impact simulation: Instantly reveals the potential impact of IT changes on business services.
- Change auditing: Automatically reports on changes to business services over time.
- White baseline: Displays which business services are active and the level of activity.
- Advanced filtering: Changes map display according to service, infrastructure component, and more.
- Support for all major platforms: Web, client-server and legacy mainframe.
- Low footprint: No agents - impact on the production environment is equivalent to one additional user.
- Assures service delivery levels
- Prevents outages and downtime
- Supports effective decision-making
- Provides deep visibility into critical services
- Assesses the impact of IT on the business, and business on IT
- Dramatically increases the ROI of BSM, CMDB and CMS
Eliminates tedious, manual system updates